Transferring GoDaddy domain from one godaddy account to another is free of cost (at least as on writing this article). If you have all the necessary information with you, which we will discuss shortly, you can transfer the account withing 5 minutes. I am only going to cover the steps you need to follow to transfer the domain not hosting.
1. Login to your GoDaddy account and select the domain (Step 1 of Transfer GoDaddy Domain To Another Account)
Obviously the first step would be to login to your GoDaddy account and select the domain you want to transfer. As shown in the image below click on the More option and select Begin Account Change
2. Enter the details about the new account holder (Step 2 of Transfer GoDaddy Domain To Another Account)
Now you will get a pop-up window where you need to give the details about receiver. I recommend that you contact the receiver in advance and get the customer account number as this will make the process much easier. All you need to do now is enter his/her email address and customer number.
Based on the individual need either you would like to keep the same domain contact information or change it. If you have running website you would also like to keep the current nameservers until you move the hosting/website.
3. Submit the change request (Step 3 of Transfer GoDaddy Domain To Another Account)
Once you fill all the details click on the next to be able to submit the domain transfer request. It also important to know that you will miss/lose any free offers associated with the domain at the time of purchase. In the final step you will see all those offers as shown in the image below.
Once satisfied click on the FINISH button.
4. Acknowledge the confirmation email (Step 4 of Transfer GoDaddy Domain To Another Account)
Once you click on FINISH receiver will receive an email intimating the domain transfer request. He must act promptly as the link will expire if not accepted within 1o days. He will receive an email that looks like below
5. Search the domain transfer request (Step 5 of Transfer GoDaddy Domain To Another Account)
Now the receiving party will login to his GoDaddy account and navigate to Domains » Pending Account Change as shown in the image below.
Once you click on the Pending Account Change you will see the Domain waiting for your acceptance.
6. Accept the domain transfer request (Step 6 of Transfer GoDaddy Domain To Another Account)
Now all you need to do is select the domain and click on the Accept you will see below prompt. Select the agreement and click on OK.
Transfer of godaddy domain to another account is done!!
Within few minute of acceptance you will receive a confirmation email from GoDaddy
[box type=”success” align=”alignleft” ]To speedup your wordpress site do go through the post Remove query strings from static resources without any pain[/box]