Approval Rules in Oracle Fusion
In oracle fusion there are some process which already have approval rules associated with them. Since the approval path varies from organization to organization you have the flexibility to modify seeded approval rules. In this article we will explain how can you modify/attach your own custom approval rules with Termination process.[box type=”success” align=”” class=”” width=””]Note : If you are looking for any kind of training on Fusion HCM, please contact us today. We are offering online training and also offline training in Hyderabad for discounted price.[/box]
For example lets understand that our organization need is to associate approval rules with termination process. Whenever a termination is submitted it should go to two level of manager hierarchy approval. However, if the approval is submitted by a person “Mr. Xyz” it should no go for any approval (auto approval)
Setup Approval rules for termination
1. Login to application and search for the task “Define Approval” and click on Go to Task against Manage Approval Transactions for Human Capital Management as shown in the screen below
2. In the next screen search for the task “Terminate” and then click on tab “Configure” under column Rules.
3. In the next screen you will see the seeded on custom rule associated with the termination process. You may see different approval rules in your instance than one given below here.
4. For now highlight/click on TerminationRule oval and it will enable the plus icon (ad new rule on the top). Click on that and it will add one more oval/rule. highlight/click on this new rule and at the bottom (Rule: Line Management Approval) give name to your rule, without space, for example “AviHRRep”. Once done click on “Configure Rule Conditions”
5. This will bring another pop-up screen where you actually define your conditions. Now highlight/click on “1==1” box and then you will see some additional options enabled at the top, click on AND icon
6. Now highlight/click on this newly create AND oval. Once again at the top you will see the option to click on Expression (Add New Expression to the Right of the Selected Node). From select Attribute select transactionApprovalRequest » Requester
7. Select equalsIgnoreCase in the next field, enter a value in the next filed and finally enter the User.Name in the last filed for whom no approval is required (Auto approval for Mr. Xyz). Remember you need to select the User Name (login) not the Person Name. Once done click on OK
8. Once you click “OK” you will again come back to “Manage Approval Rules: Terminate” screen. Now from your right hand side under Approvers select the “Self Auto Approver” and drag and drop it open THEN (which if for AviHRRep). If drag and drop doesn’t work first Highlight the Then rectangle and Add Approver Participant green plus icon that is part of the Self Auto Approve selection.
Note : If something goes wrong you can make use of the Undo Redo options available at the top
9. So far we have created a rule for Mr. Xyz so that when he is terminating any worker system will not go far approval. Now we also need to add another rule for rest of employees so when they are terminating any worker it should go for two level of manager hierarchy approval.
Before we add another rule make sure you have only one rule “AviHRRep” associated now. Please delete any other rules if you have any. To delete the rule just highlight that rule/oval and click on the red cross (delete icon).
By now your screen should exactly look as it is shown below (Rule name may digger)
10. Now please follow the step 4 and this time give the rule name “Other”
11. Now please follow the steps 5, 6 and 7 once again to add a news condition as follows. This time “!=” operator is selected instead of “equalsIgnoreCase” but same User Name. Once done click on OK to go back Manage Approval Rules: Terminate screen
12. Now please follow the step 8 but this time select Management Hierarchy from the Approvers list and link with new condition Other (THEN) Your screen should look like as follows.
13. Now click/higlight on Management Hierarchy box and enter the details under section Management Hierarchy as follows
- Action Type : Approval Required
- Route Using : Line Manager
- Approval Chain of : Requestor
- Start With : Manager
- Number of Levels : 2
- Top Approver : User
- User Name : <User Name of Top Approver >
14. Once you enter all details click on Submit. To verify setup is working first login with “Mr. Xyz” account and try to terminate any worker, it should not go for any approval. Now login as any other user and try to terminate any worker, this time system should look for two level of approval.
Additional Resource for Approval Rules
Please see the below oracle note id in case it is of any help